Update: October 19, 2020
Maple Leaf Quilting Company Ltd has an immediate opening for a Sales Associate.
- Look for ways to engage with every human you encounter
- Will work on improving your sewing and quilting based skills just because you like to figure things out on your own
- Could turn any conversation into a sewing/quilting conversation
- Like to use different sewing machines and play with the features available
- Are consistently recruiting people to the world of sewing and quilting
- Know that you could talk to anyone and improve their day just by showing a genuine interest in them
- Previous sales experience was your favourite position
- Like to use computers and have a reasonable knowledge of their functions.
- Are a small and rapidly growing retail longarm quilting & sewing store
- Work with quilters and sewers of all skill levels providing exceptional customer service and training
- Get really excited when our customers succeed
- Require flexibility working retail hours, while respecting work life balance
- Have a close team of positive minded individuals who thrive on sharing and implementing new ideas to exceed the customer experience
- Are focused on completing tasks. Regardless of job title, we all chip in and do what needs to be done, from scrubbing a toilet to training high-end clients.
Job Scorecard for Sales Associate (What you’ll actually be doing)
Position: Sales Associate
Location: Cochrane, Alberta
Mission: The mission of the Maple Leaf Quilting Company Ltd. Sales Associate is to create a compassionate customer experience focused on building relationships. The sales associate will have a positive attitude, willingness to learn and a hunger to always improve. The ideal Sales Associate will understand the meaning of team member and be willing to do every task that needs done when required. The sales associate must be a self starter and willing to improve their business acumen without prodding.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers
- Operating cash register
- Increasing in store sales / cross-selling products
- Answering phones and customer inquiries
- Fulfilling online sales orders and shipping orders with accuracy
- Product knowledge
- Time management
- Maintaining sales floor appearance
- Directing customers to merchandise
Key Competencies Needed:
- You love talking to people on the phone and face to face.
- A people person, friendly and passionate about human interactions.
- You have a can-do attitude, self discipline and tons of motivation
- You are flexible and love learning new things.
- You love taking responsibility for tasks and completing them while exceeding expectations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills are a must
This is a long-term role with our growing company. Please do not apply if you are looking for a short-term position.
This position will start off with part-time and hours will vary depending on company growth could grow into full time. (Starting hours will be between 10 - 20 hours a week and will be adjusted depending on business needs.)
Salary will be competitive with the retail sales market in Alberta.
To apply for this job please submit your application in-person at our store in Cochrane, Alberta.
Please bring a printed copy of your resume and cover letter with you explaining why you would be a good fit for our awesome team!
Maple Leaf Quilting Company Ltd is located at Unit 9105-101 Sunset Drive, Cochrane, Alberta, T4C 0N2. We can be reached by phone at 403-981-3500. (Our store entrance is on the back side of our building)
** If it has been more than 3 months since you dropped off your resume, please resubmit! **