GO! Canning Jar Pieced-8" Finished Die - Die to Try, January 2023 (55614)
55614Regular price $139.99
Here’s a homestyle Block on Board (BOB) die that’s sure to “preserve” your quilting energy! Making fun 8” blocks has never been quicker, and the ways to use this adorable block are endless.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! - GO! Big Electric
Cut Size: Shape A: 3”W x 2”H (7.6 cm x 5.1 cm), Shape B: 1 1/2”W x 1 1/2”H (3.8 cm x 3.8 cm), Shape C: 3 1/2”W x 1 1/4”H (8.9 cm x 3.2 cm), Shape D: 2”W x 7”H (5.1 cm x 17.8 cm), Shape E: 5 1/2” x 7”H (14 cm x 17.8 cm).
Finished Size: 8" Finished Block (20.3 cm)
Board Size: GO! 10 x 10
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55203
How to Die Cut 3-Color Canning Jar Pieced Blocks:
For best cutting results, position the fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 8" finished block in one pass through the cutter.
Fabric Color 1:
- Cut two 5 3/4" x 2 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A & B to cut 2 A shapes and 4 B shapes.
- Cut one 4" x 1 3/4" rectangle. Place right side up over shape C to cut 1 shape.
- Cut two 2 1/2" x 7 1/2" rectangles. Place right side up over shape D to cut 2 shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut one 4" x 1 3/4" rectangle. Place right side up over shape C to cut 1 shape.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut one 6" x 7 1/2" rectangle. Place right side up over shape E to cut 1 shape.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Canning Jar Pieced Die:
- Canning Jar Pieced is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 8" finished block in one pass through the cutter.
- Canning Jar Pieced includes 6 shapes that are time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Canning Jar Pieced features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Canning Jar Pieced includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Canning Jar Pieced designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.