GO! Tree of Life-14" Finished Die (55588)
55588Regular price $199.00
This Block on Board die is truly a reason for celebration. It has screen-printed letters and specialized dog ears, which make it a cinch to create this classic block. AccuQuilt’s unique design even makes it possible to cut the entire block in just one pass through a GO! cutter and to create this block without sewing the traditional Y-seam construction. Explore the many possibilities this die offers for projects galore!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 55205
How to Die Cut 3-Color Tree of Life Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 14" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1:
- For 4 A shapes: Cut four 2 3/4" squares. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
- For 28 B shapes: Cut three 13 1/2" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut. (There will be two extra shapes.)
- For 1 F shape: Cut one 4 1/2" square. Place right side up over shape F to cut.
- Fabric Color 2:
- For 2 A shapes: Cut two 2 3/4" squares. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
- For 20 B shapes: Cut two 13 1/2" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut.
- For 2 C, D, and G shapes: Cut two 9 3/4" x 7 1/2" fan-folded rectangles to get mirrored G shapes.
- Fabric Color 3:
- For 8 B shapes: Cut one 13 1/2" x 3 1/8" rectangle. Place right side up over shapes B to cut. (There will be two extra shapes.)
- For 1 E and F shapes: Cut one 7 1/8" x 5 5/8" rectangle. Place right side up over shapes E and F to cut.
- For 2 H shapes: Cut two 3 3/8" x 2 1/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape H to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Tree of Life Die:
- Tree of Life is a Block on Board®(BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 14" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Tree of Life includes 17 shapes that can be difficult and time-consuming to cut by hand largely due to the 73 pieces needed to create the block.
- The Tree of Life block is ideal for creating heritage or keepsake quilts.
- Tree of Life features specialized dog-ears and includes ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Tree of Life includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Tree of Life designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.