GO! Starry Path-9" Finished Die (55197)
You’ll love the 3D effect you get with this BOB (Block On Board) die, designed to cut a 3-color block in just one pass through your cutter. Achieve perfect points every time with specialized dog-ears for a look that only looks like you used paper piecing. Set it on point or combine with other blocks for even more great design possibilities.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
Weight in lbs.: 2
Cut Size: Triangle (A): 5" x 2 3/8" (12.7 cm x 6 cm), Triangle (B): 3" x 3 1/2" (7.6 cm x 8.9 cm), Triangle (C): 5" x 3 1/2" (12.7 cm x 8.9 cm), Triangle (D): 6 1/2" x 5 1/8" (16.5 cm x 13 cm)
Finished Size: 9" Finished Block (22.9 cm)
Board Size: GO! 6 x 24
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55206
How to Die Cut 3-Color Starry Path Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. The die is specially designed to cut one 3-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut four 10 1/4" x 4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and C to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 7 1/4" x 6 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B and D to cut.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 7 1/4" x 6 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B and D to cut.
- TIP: To create a 5-color block, cut four 10 1/4" x 4" rectangles and place right side up over shapes A and C to cut. Then place one 7 1/4" x 6 1/8" rectangle each of four different colors. Place right side up over shapes B and D to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Starry Path Die:
- Starry Path is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates, no special rulers, and no paper piecing! Starry Path includes 4 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Starry Path features specialized dog-ears and includes ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Starry Path includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt®software, you can use it to create your own Starry Path designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.