GO! Crazy Quilt 6" Finished Die (55226)
55226Regular price $124.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Quilters have been asking and we have answered! The GO! Crazy Quilt die creates a 6” block and fits a GO!, GO! Big and Studio fabric cutter with adapter. This die cuts up to 5 layers of fabric in one pass, so with 10 different fabrics and in two passes, you can create 10 scrappy blocks. Bust your stash and create striking quilts with just one die!
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! - GO! Big Electric
Finished Size: 6" Finished Block (15.2 cm)
Board Size: GO! 10 x 10
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55203
How to Die Cut Crazy Quilt Blocks:
For Best Cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Tip: To create a scrappy Crazy Quilt Block: Use at least 10 assorted prints. Cut five layers of fabric for the first pass through the cutter and then cut five layers for the second pass through the cutter.
- Cut 10, 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" squares (or use 10" x 10" precut Layer Cake squares). Place on selected die blade and cut in two passes through the cutter. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 12 complete Crazy Quilt Blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Crazy Quilt Die:
- Due to popular demand, the GO! Crazy Quilt die is now available in a smaller size that works with the GO! or GO! Big cutter.
- Crazy Quilt is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it's specially designed to cut ten, 10-color, 6" blocks in two passes through the cutter (no more than 5 layers recommended for each pass).
- No need to trim down block after each step! Crazy Quilt includes 10 unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Crazy Quilt features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Crazy Quilt includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constucting the block easy. Plus, free patterns to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.