Maple Leaf Quilting Company Ltd. has an immediate part-time opening for a Longarm Quilter. Experience is an asset, but not a requirement. Training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Are energetic, outgoing, and love to be a part of a dynamic team
- Have a love of fabrics, design, colour and completing quilts
- Must be interested in working in an environment where customers come first; we provide exceptional customer service and the best products in our industry
- Are detail oriented and take pride in doing a superior job with every task you undertake
- Are self-directed and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet evolving deadlines
- Like to learn new skills and enjoy sharing those skills with others
- Are proficient using computers and basic software
- Are a small and rapidly growing retail, longarm quilting, and sewing store
- Work with quilters and sewers of all skill levels, providing exceptional customer service and training
- Get excited when our customers succeed
- Require flexibility working retail hours, while respecting work life balance
- Have a close team of positive-minded individuals who thrive on sharing and implementing new ideas to exceed the customer experience
- Are focused on completing tasks. Regardless of job title, we all chip in and do what needs to be done in all areas of the business
Position: Longarm Quilter
Location: Cochrane, Alberta
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing quilt tops for quilting service
- Operating Computerized Longarm Quilting Machine (training will be provided)
- Operating domestic sewing machine
- Operating Point of Sale system
- Discussing quilting options with customers, in person and over the phone, in order to help fulfil their vision of the completed project
- Responsible for exceeding expectations by listening to customers’ needs and finding solutions to those needs
- Advising customers about colour and design choices for quilting projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Key Competencies Needed:
- You have a can-do attitude, self-discipline and tons of motivation
- You are flexible and love learning new things
- You love taking responsibility for tasks and completing them while exceeding expectations
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, reach, push and pull while operating a longarm quilting machine, and possess the stamina to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Good math and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You love talking to people on the phone and face-to-face
- Above average computer skills are a must
- Sewing or quilting experience is preferred, however not a requirement.
This is a long-term role with our growing company. A variety of shifts will be required between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm, Monday through Saturday. Please do not apply if you are looking for a short-term position or are not able to work the full range of hours required.
This position will begin with part-time and grow to full time as the company expands. Hours will vary depending on company growth. (Starting hours will be between 15 and 20 hours a week and be adjusted depending on business needs.) During high-volume times, extended work hours, including evenings and Sundays, may be required.
Salary will be competitive with the retail sales market in Alberta.
To apply for this job, please submit your application in-person at our store in Cochrane, Alberta. Please bring a printed copy of your resume and cover letter with you, explaining why you would be a good fit for our awesome team!
Maple Leaf Quilting Company Ltd. is located at Unit 9105 -101 Sunset Drive, Cochrane, Alberta, T4C 0W7. We can be reached by phone at 403-981-3500.
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount