GO! Maple Leaf-8" Finished Die (55195)
55195Regular price $104.99
Create a bit of fall any time of the year with this BOB (Block On Board) die that’s perfect for any skill level. You can cut a 2-color block in just one pass through your cutter, but don’t overlook using your scraps for a fun look. The sizes of these shapes are unique to this versatile die.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
Weight in lbs.: 0.88
Cut Size: Square (A): 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" (8.3 cm x 8.3 cm), Half Square Triangles (B): 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" (8.3 cm x 8.3 cm), Half Square Triangles (C): 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" (7.3 cm x 7.3 cm), Stem (D): 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" (8.3 cm x 8.3 cm)
Finished Size: 8" Finished Block (20.3 cm)
Board Size: GO! 6 x 24
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55206
How to Die Cut 2-Color Maple Leaf Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one 2-color, Maple Leaf block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut three 3 3/4" squares and place over shape A and cut. Cut two 4 1/8" squares and place over shape B to cut. Cut one 3 3/4" square and place over shape D to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut one 3 3/4" square and place over shape A to cut. Cut two 4 1/8" squares and place over shape B to cut. Cut one 3 3/4" square and place over shape C to cut.
- Tip: You also can cut scrappy 8" Maple Leaf blocks in one pass through the cutter. Follow steps above for the number of layers but cut different fabric colors at a time.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Maple Leaf Die:
- Maple Leaf is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 2-color, 8" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Maple Leaf includes 4 basic shapes that can be time-consuming to cut by hand. Includes stem shape to complete the leaf motif.
- Maple Leaf features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Maple Leaf includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Charm Square-friendly.
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Maple Leaf designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.