GO! Snail's Trail-8" Finished Die (55196)
This die is a smaller version of our classic GO! Big Snail’s Trail die that works with a GO! cutter, so now even more AccuQuilt users can create the beloved traditional block. This BOB (Block On Board) die is a perfect use for layer cake squares, and you can cut three complete 2-color blocks in just one pass through your cutter!
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! - GO! Big Electric
Weight in lbs.: 0.88
Cut Size: Squares (A): 1 1/2" x 1 1/2", Quarter Square Triangles (B): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", Half Square Triangles (C): 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", Quarter Square Triangles (D): 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", Half Square Triangles (E): 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Finished Size: 8" Finished Block (20.3 cm)
Board Size: GO! 10 x 10
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55203
How to Die Cut Snail’s Trail Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut three complete 2-color, 8" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut three 9 7/8" x 8 1/2" rectangles or 10" precut squares. Place right side up over all shapes on board to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut three 9 7/8" x 8 1/2" rectangles or 10" precut squares. Place right side up over all shapes on board to cut.
- Tip: You also can cut two complete 4-color, 8" blocks in one pass through the cutter. To create 4-color Snail’s Trail Blocks: cut four layers of different fabric colors at a time.
Why Quilters Love The GO! Big Snail’s Trail Die:
- Snail’s Trail is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut three complete 2-color 8" blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Snail’s Trail includes 5 basic shapes that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Snail’s Trail features specialized dog-ears and includes ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Snail’s Trail includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Download step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy at accuquilt.com. Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt software, you can use it to create your own Snail’s Trail designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.