GO! Hexagon-1", 1 1/2", 2 1/2" Sides Die (55011)
55011Regular price $53.99
GO! Hexagon Die - 2", 3", 5"
Traditional hexagon quilts like Grandmother's Flower Garden are absolutely beautiful, but it takes a whole lot of hexagons to make one quilt and just thinking about cutting all those shapes out can make your wrists ache. The AccuQuilt GO! Hexagon die cuts perfect shapes quickly, every time. This die cuts three sizes of hexagon from multiple layers of fabric. Try them on a variety of fabrics and let your imagination roam!
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby GO! Me GO! GO! Big Studio
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut Hexagons:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- 1" Sided Hexagon: Cut strips 2 1/4" wide across the width of fabric. Fanfold fabric into 2 1/2" widths. Place fabric on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 256 hexagons.
- 1 1/2" Sided Hexagon: Cut strips 3" wide across the width of fabric. Fanfold fabric into 3 1/2" widths. Place fabric on selected blade and cut. Cut 11 hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 132 hexagons.
- 2 1/2" Sided Hexagon: Cut strips 4 3/4" wide across the width of fabric. Fanfold fabric into 5 1/2" widths. Place fabric on selected blade and cut. Cut seven hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 49 hexagons.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Hexagons Die:
- Hexagons are perfect for scrappy quilts, ‘I Spy’ quilts with novelty fabric or for making traditional hexagon quilts, such as Grandmother’s Flower Garden.
- No templates! No measuring! The GO! Hexagons die includes three hexagon sizes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Great value! Get multiple hexagon sizes for the price of one GO! Hexagon die.
- Get even more design options and avoid the dreaded ‘Y-seam’ when you combine GO! Hexagons with GO! Equilateral Triangles (55079) and/or GO! Half Hexagons (55165).
- Imagine the time you will save cutting! This die cuts up to six layers of cotton fabric to get 18 hexagons (6 ea. in 3 different sizes) in one pass thru the cutter. • GO! Hexagons includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.