GO! Oven Mitt Die (55563)
55563Regular price $155.99
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55205
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! - GO! Big Electric
How to Die Cut Oven Mitt Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To make one oven mitt: Cut four 10" x 16" rectangles (two outer layers and two inner lining layers). Cut two 10" x 16" rectangles of heat-resistant batting such as Insul-Bright® to protect your hands from burns.
- Lay one 10" x 16" piece of lining fabric right side down on the table in front of you. Top with one 10" x 16" piece of insulated batting. Lay one 10" x 16" piece of outer fabric on top of the batting, pin, or baste together. Repeat with remaining lining, batting, and outer layers. Quilt as desired to make two ‘fabric sandwiches’. (Note: You will need to cut two ‘fabric sandwiches’ for each oven mitt.)
- Lay one ‘fabric sandwich’ on die with outer fabric facing up, cover with mat, and cut. Repeat with the second piece but be sure to place it with the outer fabric facing the foam and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Oven Mitt Dies:
- If you need a holiday or seasonal home décor or personalized gifts, oven mitts can be cut in minutes and sewn quickly and easily!
- GO! Oven Mitt is a DIY (“do-it-yourself”) Project die. These are popular shapes of projects that you make for yourself, to give as gifts or to sell.
- No templates are required! The GO! Oven Mitt die includes one shape that is difficult to cut by hand.
- Make it personal! The area on the oven mitt is designed to work with applique shapes that are 4" x 6" or smaller. Find a complete list of compatible AccuQuilt shapes below.
- Cut oven mitts out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free pattern downloads to get you started at accuquilt.com/55563.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Compatible applique dies: GO! Bird (55352), GO! Bows (55341, small & medium sizes), GO! Calico Cat (55065), GO! Feathers (55008), GO! Flower Bunch (55332), GO! Gnome (55210), GO! Hearts (55029), GO! Nautical Medley (55497), GO! Pumpkins, (55323), GO! Queen of Hearts (55325), GO! Rose of Sharon #1 (55045), GO! Rustling Leaves #1 (55389), GO! Rustling Leaves #3 (55391), GO! Sea Life Medley (55190), GO! Small Houses (55387), GO! Snowflake (55359), GO! Spring Medley (55494), GO! Stars (55028), GO! Summer Medley (55496), GO! Trees (55388)
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.