GO! Rag Square-5 1/4" Die (55033)
Rag quilts have a cozy, homey look perfect for baby quilts, tote bags and pillows, but hand-cutting the fringe can be a daunting task. The GO! Rag Squares die cuts perfect rag squares with a 1" seam allowance and 3/4" fringe in a flash, giving you more time to choose the right fabric combination.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55204
How to Die Cut 5 1/4" Rag Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Tip: It’s a good idea to keep an extra cutting mat on hand for Rag Quilt dies.
- Advised to start with 1 layer of fabric for rag dies.
- 40" wide fabric: Cut 11" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 3/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut six rag squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 36 rag squares.
- 60" wide fabric: Cut 11" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 3/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 10 rag squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 60" wide fabric cuts 60 rag squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 5 1/4" Rag Square Die:
- Quilters love rag quilts because they are easy to make and perfect for snuggling! The GO! Rag Square-5 1/4" die makes it even easier by saving hours of tedious hand cutting.
- The GO! Rag Square-5 1/4" die features specialized dog-ears and a 1" seam allowance with 3/4" fringe cut to a consistent 1/4" width for easy alignment and piecing.
- Four GO! Rag Square-5 1/4" sewn together equals one GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" (55013)—piece rag squares together for a different design.
- Rag quilts make great gifts for new babies, graduations, the holidays and more. You can change the number and size of the 5 1/4" rag squares in the quilt to make it larger or smaller.
- Use GO! Square-3 1/4" (55317) to cut batting squares to make rag quilts even warmer.
- Rag quilts are typically laundered to fully “bloom” the fringe.
- Cut rag squares out of a variety of fabrics: flannels, homespun fabric, fleece, cotton, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- GO! Rag Square-5 1/4" is designed to work with appliqué shapes that are 2 1/4" or smaller.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.