GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (4 1/4" Finished) (55429)
Equilateral triangle quilts are everywhere right now! This versatile shape showcases all your favorite fabrics in a great alternative to simple patchwork. Now's the time to add this staple to your die collection, especially since it coordinates with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2” Sides (55438) and GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2” Sides (55437) for endless possibilities. Fits pre-cut 5" squares.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55139
How to Die Cut Equilateral Triangle Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 5 1/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4 5/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight equilateral triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 48 equilateral triangles.
- To Use Scraps: Place scraps or 5" precut squares over equilateral triangle blade areas.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Equilateral Triangle Die:
- AccuQuilt has updated the classic equilateral triangle shape with specially designed dog-eared corners and side notches on the two bias seams. These design innovations make the triangles align perfectly so the sewing is easier.
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Equilateral Triangle die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides is a great alternative to simple patchwork, perfect for a beginner ready for their next challenge.
- GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides was designed to be used with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438) and GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) for endless possibilities.
- It’s easy to change the size of an equilateral triangles quilt—more commonly called a Thousand Pyramids Quilt— by adding more equilateral triangles to the length or width.
- Cut equilateral triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.