GO! Flamingo Die (55216)
55216Regular price $83.99
Flamingos aren’t just for Florida. This adorable applique shape is a proven hit - no matter where you are. This popular bird was voted into our permanent collection by AccuQuilt customers across the country and around the globe!
Use the FREE GO! Flamingo Embroidery Designs ($21 value) download available to finish your project. Each shape includes motif, blanket and satin stitches.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55202
How to Die Cut Flamingo Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Body: Cut and fuse 8" x 4 3/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 9 bodies across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 36 bodies.
- Wing: Cut and fuse 2 3/4" x 2 1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 208 wings.
- Beak: Cut and fuse 1 3/8" x 1 1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 26 beaks across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 676 beaks.
- Large & Small Ear: Place scraps on blade and cut
Why Quilters Love the GO! Flamingo Die:
- GO! Flamingo is a must-have die for every die collection! Cheery flamingo-themed quilts will brighten up any space and would make a wonderful gift for a friend or family member. Perfect for tropical quilts and garden or summer-themed projects.
- No templates required! The GO! Flamingo die includes 4applique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand: Body, Wing, Beak, and Eye/Circle.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as a one-half layer of fabric).
- Cut flamingo shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches($21 value).
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.