GO! Penguin Die (55615)
55615Regular price $79.99
This little penguin is ready for applique and crafty fun! There’s so much you can do with this versatile little friend, including changing flipper directions for different poses and playing “dress-up” with dies, such as the GO! Holiday Accessories and GO! Cookie Decorations Dies.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. Item 55112
Cut Size: Body 3 1/8"W x 4 5/8"H (7.9 cm x 11.7 cm), Belly 2 1/4"W x 3 5/8"H (5.7 cm x 9.2 cm), Wing 1 3/4"W x 1 5/8"H (4.4 cm x 4.1 cm), Beak 1/2"W x 3/8"H (1.3 cm x 1.0 cm), Eye 1/8" (.3 cm) and Foot 1"W x 5/8"H (2.5 cm x 1.6 cm).
Finished Size: Closed Wings 3 1/4"W x 5"H (8.2 cm x 12.7 cm), Open Wings 6"W x 5"H (15.2 cm x 12.7 cm).
Board Size: GO! 6 x 12
How to Die Cut Penguin Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following the manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Body: Cut 3 5/8" x 5 1/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 7 bodies across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 63 bodies
- Belly: Cut 2 3/4" x 4 1/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 9 bellies across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 117 bellies.
- Wing: Cut 2 1/4" x 2 1/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 18 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 288 wings.
- Foot: Cut 1 1/2" x 1 1/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 35 feet across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 840 feet.
- Beak: Place scraps on blade and cut.
- Eye: Place scraps on blade and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Penguin Die:
- Great for baby quilts, kids projects, seasonal or holiday-themed projects, and Christmas gifts by pairing with GO! Gnome (hat) (55210), GO! Holiday Accessories (55321) and GO! Cookie Decorations (55211).
- No templates required! The GO! Penguin die includes applique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one-half layer of fabric).
- Cut Penguin shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($22 value).
- Includes free pattern downloads to get you started at accuquilt.com/55615.
- Charm Square-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.