GO! Washington's Puzzle-4" Finished Die (55602)
55602Regular price $83.99
Good things really do come in small packages, especially with AccuQuilt’s one and only 4” finished Block on Board (BOB) die. This petite wonder is quick and fun to create, giving any quilter a fantastic way to use scraps. Try it with GO! Qubes for even more design possibilities.
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby GO! Me GO! GO! Big
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. Item 55112
Cut Size: Cut size dimensions not included due to non-standard shapes.
Finished Size: 4" Finished Block (10.2 cm).
Board Size: GO! 6 x 12
How to Die Cut 3-Color Washington’s Puzzle Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut three complete 3-color 4" finished blocks in one pass through the cutter
- Fabric Color 1: Cut three 3-1/2" squares. Place right side up over shape A to cut three shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut six 3-1/4" squares. Place right side up over shapes B to cut 12 shapes. Do not fanfold.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut six 3-3/4" x 5" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut 12 shapes. Do not fanfold.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Washington’s Puzzle Die:
- The new GO! Washington’s Puzzle Block on Board® die is our first 4” finished Block on Board die!
- Washington’s Puzzle is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut three 3-color, 4" finished blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Washington’s Puzzle includes 5 shapes that are time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Washington’s Puzzle features specialized dog-ears, 1/4" seam allowances, and notches for easy alignment and piecing.
- Washington’s Puzzle includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt®software, you can use it to create your own Washington’s Puzzle designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.