GO! Mill & Stars-8" Finished Die (55601)
55601Regular price $83.99
Quilters agree that this Block on Board (BOB) die is a star –perfect for projects large and small. Whether you love scrap-busting or minimal color palettes, this die easily paves the way to inspiring projects for every season of the year!
Compatible With These Fabric Cutters:
GO! Baby - GO! Me - GO! - GO! Big Electric
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. Item 55112
Board Size: GO! 6 x 12
How to Die Cut 4-Color Mill & Stars Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 4-color 8" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut two 5 1/8" x 3 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape A to cut two shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 5 1/8" x 3 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape A to cut two shapes.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut one 6 3/4" x 8" rectangle. Fanfold rectangle into two layers then place over shape B to cut two sets of mirrored shapes.
- Fabric Color 4: Cut one 6 3/4" x 8" rectangle. Fanfold rectangle into two layers then place over shape B to cut two sets of mirrored shapes.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Mill & Stars Die:
- Mill & Stars is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut a 4-color, 8" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Mill & Stars includes 3 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Mill & Stars features specialized dog ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Mill & Stars includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Mill & Stars designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.